Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Introduction - Prabhat Jha - 24/3/11

My name is Prabhat Jha, i am 24 years old
living in Patna
i like to read poetry, drama, novels and literary theory
i have been reading since the age of 9


my favourite genre is drama
my fav books are 

'Algebra of Infinite Justice' by Arundhati Roy, 
'Shadow Lines' by Amitabh Ghosh, 
'Waiting for Godot' by Samuel Beckett,
'Howl and other poems' by Allen Ginsberg, 
and 
'Hamlet' by Shakespeare.

my hobbies are writing, reading, acting, cooking and singing
i write poetry on my blog
this is the link
http://www.prabhat-fabricatedfeelings.blogspot.com/



I have completed my P.G in English from Patna University and will soon get enrolled here for doing a PhD. I have been writing in my mother tongue Maithili since my early childhood, few of my poems, a short story and a work of translation has been published. At the age of 12, I started a children magazine in Maithili called 'Bal Mithila', but its next issue didn't come out because of the lack of young writers.I have also acted in a few plays.

I started writing English poetry 'seriously' in graduation, but have never tried to get published before 2011. I have sent my poems to couple of magazine and waiting for their reply. Apart from that I have written a play and couple of short stories, all yet to published. I am researching for my first novel that will probably be completed in 2012. Its a weired kind of narrative and I don't know that will it find a publisher or not. Yet I am looking forward to enjoy the process of writing as I always do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment